Information and Resources Related to COVID-19 Pandemic
In this challenging and unprecedented time, Detroit URC affiliated and linked partners continue to do vital work in Detroit and beyond to promote health equity, support collaborative research, and advocate for the most vulnerable. We send our gratitude to them, and to all of you who are working in collaboration to respond effectively to this pandemic. Here are some examples of resource compilations and reports from the ground that we hope will be of assistance:
Saint Louis University Institute for Healing Justice and Equity
|The Color of COVID||Webinar Series||slu.edu/research/research-institute/big-ideas/institute-for-healing-justice-and-equity/news-and-events.php|
|Community-Campus Partnerships for Health||Communities in Partnership: Ensuring Equity in the Time of COVID-19||Webinar Series||ccphealth.org/covid-19-equity/|
|Trust for America's Health||COVID-19 and the Impact on Communities of Color: Our Nation’s Inequities Exposed||Webinar Series||tfah.org/story/webinarseries/|
|American Public Health Association||Responding to COVID-19: A Science-Based Approach||Webinar Series||https://www.covid19conversations.org/|
|The Praxis Project||Community Centered Health Justice And Racial Equity - Organic Efforts Towards Health Equity-driven Policy and Practice||Archived Webinar||thepraxisproject.org/events-list/2020/webinar-equity-driven-policy-and-practice|
|U-M Ford School||Metro Detroit COVID-19 Policy and Health Update||Archived Webinar||kaltura.com|
|American Public Health Association||Toward the 'New Normal' - Protecting Public Health as America Reopens||Archived Webinar||https://www.covid19conversations.org/webinars/new-normal|
|American Public Health Association||US Hispanics Struggling with Greater Challenges in Face of COVID-19||Podcast||thenationshealth.aphapublications.org/page/podcasts|
|University of Michigan School of Public Health||Population Healthy Podcast||Podcast||sph.umich.edu/podcast/|
Comprehensive Resource Lists
- Michigan Lifestage Environmental Exposure and Disease (M-LEEaD) Center: Comprehensive list of local, regional, statewide, and international resources, including resources specifically tailored for advocating/organizing for vulnerable communities
- Poverty Solutions at U-M (disponible también en español): Compiled to help people make sense of the new resources becoming available as a result of the rapidly-changing federal, state, and local responses to the coronavirus outbreak
- COVID-19 Health Literacy Project: Get COVID-19 fact sheets translated into 30+ languages
- Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research (MICHR) Community Engagement COVID-19 Toolkit: MICHR’s Community Engagement (CE) program is thinking about the needs of our partners, particularly Michigan’s most vulnerable populations, and compiled this toolkit to help us face these challenges together.
- Move On Coronavirus Resource Hub: A comprehensive database that includes resources for counseling, financial aid, mental health, housing, etc.
- Michigan Community Resources COVID Legal News & Alerts: A compilation of reports and resources related to COVID for Michigan nonprofit organizations and community-based small businesses.
- Human Impact Partners Health Equity Policy Platform: Policies related to economic security, housing security, the criminal legal system, healthcare access, and COVID-19.
- University of Michigan School of Public Health: Up-to-date information from the U-M School of Public Health including video, media, and text resources.
- COVID313.org: A guide for Detroit families put together by the City of Detroit, the Community Education Commission, and others
- Detroit Health Department: Dashboard of COVID Cases & Deaths and Dashboard of COVID Community Access indicators.
- Region V Public Health Training Center: COVID-19 and Emergency Preparedness resources for Region V.
- Bridge Magazine Resource List: Statewide list of resources including mental health, food banks, and internet support organized by city/region.
- MI Safe Start Map: State of Michigan map that tracks the risk phases of COVID-19 indicators for different regions in the state.
- Resources for Undocumented Communities by state (in English and Spanish)
- Resources for Community-Engaged Research Partnerships During COVID-19 Pandemic: The Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities (ARCC) at Northwestern University developed three resources to help community-academic research collaborations consider and address the impact of COVID-19 on health equity and their research projects and partnerships.
- Tool PDF: Staying True to Principles of Engagement in Community-Engaged Research Partnerships during the COVID-19 Pandemic that provides ideas and resources to support community & academic partners.
- Community Document for Sharing Ideas, Questions, & Resources on the same topic to facilitate open sharing of additional ideas and questions. Any one is able to add and share.
We will continue to update this as more resources become available. Sending healthy wishes to all.